Saturday 9 August 2014

Quest Optimization

Got a good many of the quests done and got a bit ahead of myself too, as they were all working so well decided to just blast through them. Tested them when I was done a handful only to find out that some worked and some didn't. From a scripting perspective, everything was right and I couldn't figure out what I did wrong and why some worked and others did not. Tested some theories and the quests to see if I could get them working and came to a realization. The Creation Kit just doesn't like some things even though it should on a technical level. I had to rebuild many of the quests from scratch, which was annoying, but good too. I learned a lot about scripting from practice and was able to optimize the quests and the dialogue branches to be more seamless and use less scripts. There are still some things that I am not entirely happy with, but it appears the CK does not agree with me in regards to some custom dialogues. The good news is all the quests so far have been tested and work as they should. The main quest will have several parts to it. I have part 1 and 2 completed, and a few dozen side quests and hidden quests.There were some suggestions on minor tweaks for immersion and other aspects I did not consider from a developer perspective.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Still watching progress on this mod. Everytime I read and update, I am amazing by your skill. Can't wait for the whole thing to be finished.

Anonymous said...

is there any chance of a small snipet town teaser being released? like cyrodiil's bruma?

Anonymous said...

How's progress going? Haven't heard an update in a while...

yourenotsupposedtobeinhere said...

Silence means I am in the zone. Working hard. Working on story for a quest line currently, so not much I could say without giving it away. On small snippits, no. The mod will only be released when it is 99% done. I appreciate your enthusiasm. It is great encouragement :) I'll have a real update soon.

Unknown said...

I just found your project and it makes my high elven heart beat faster.
Everything looks great so far. Please, don't let anyone stress you and don't let your enthusiasm die.
Too bad, that we can't copy the real high elven architecture :/ we have to take the cheap nordic architecture. But we have to live with that, don't we ?

I would like to support you as a voice actor, if you still need some. I can speak female charakters, as well as male characters and I can change my voice, so that every charakter sounds unique.

Keep up the good work
May Auri-El bless you.

Post a Comment