Friday 3 October 2014

Nano Update

Thought I would share what I have been up to without giving any big spoilers away. Been struggling with a quest arch. not because of CK issues or lack of inspiration. My struggles were entirely due to testing something that goes against my moral fibers. In the creation of Summerset there are many quests so far, about 54,  which is good. Some people like to have evil characters, some like to have good and others like to remain neutral. Some will carefully examine the quest while others will go from point a to b to c for the feeling of completion. I have built a quest that, based on the actions of the character will lead down a dark path. This goes against who I am and how I play, but I wanted the option open for those players that like playing evil. Rewarded for examining quest objectives and making a choice that may not be obvious to many. The ball should get rolling soon on the rest of the quests. The main quest is intended to be 2 acts with about 8 parts in total. I have a number of other side quests I would like to implement as well. When I have the last quest done I will be starting recruitment for voice talent.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Glad to read from you again :) it's been a while and we were already beginning to worry.
Nice, that you give some option here and there.
Will the voice acting be the last step until release ?

yourenotsupposedtobeinhere said...

Voice will be the last big thing. I will want to do a final play test which will involve some minor fixes I'm sure. Also, was inspired by a recent mod and am in the middle of rewriting act 1 part 4 of the main quest and rewriting Act 2 entirely which will take a bit longer but will be worth it.

Unknown said...

Sounds good :)
And when you say acts and parts, do you mean main story quests ?

yourenotsupposedtobeinhere said...

The main quest is a number of quests interconnecting. I group the clusters of quests as parts. All of the parts tell a story. I refer to that story line as an act or a chapter. The main quest will be two separate story lines.

Anonymous said...

Found the Summerset Isle mod on Steam Workshop, read about the change in ownership of the mod and just wanted to say thank you to whomever is continuing to develop what I've seen in pics. The continuation of this mod is probably going to get me to sell my console gaming version of Skyrim and get a worthy PC to run your mod. That is perhaps the highest compliment I can pay you. Cheers. Hope to see a finished product of this on Steam Workshop at some point.

yourenotsupposedtobeinhere said...

Thank you. Awesome comment too :)

Post a Comment